Vajad kellegagi rääkida?
Küsi julgelt abi LasteAbi
Logi sisse

Art Museum of Estonia (1)

5 VÄGA HEA
Punktid
Inglise keel - Kõik luuletused, mis on inglise keeles

Lõik failist

Art Museum of Estonia
Art
Museum of Estonia was founded on November 17th , 1919, but it was not until 1921 that it got its first permanent building – the Kadriorg Palace , built in the 18th century . In 1929 the palace was
expropriated from the Art Museum in order to rebuild it as the residence of the President of Estonia. The Art Museum of Estonia was
housed in several different temporary spaces, until it moved back to
the palace in 1946. In September, 1991 the Kadriorg Palace was
closed, because it had totally deteriorated by then. At the end of
the year the Supreme Council of the Republic of Estonia decided to
guarantee the construction of a new building for the Art Museum of
Estonia in Kadriorg. Untill then the Knighthood House at Toompea Hill served as the temporary main building of the Art Museum
of Estonia. The exhibition there was opened on April 1, 1993. Art
Museum of Estonia premanently closed down the exhibitions in that
building in October 2005.
 
At
the end of the 1970s, in the 1980s the first branches of the Art
Museum of Estonia were founded. Starting from the 1995 all the
branches offer different educational programmes for children and
young people.  In 1996 the exhibition hall on the first floor of Rotermann Salt Storage  was opened, this branch was closed in May
2005. In summer 2000 the restored Kadriorg Palace was
opened, but not as the main building of the Art Museum of Estonia,
but as a branch. Kadriorg Art Museum now exhibits the foreign art collection of the Art Museum of Estonia.
 
At present there are  five active branches of the Art
Museum of Estonia
:

Vasakule Paremale
Art Museum of Estonia #1 Art Museum of Estonia #2 Art Museum of Estonia #3 Art Museum of Estonia #4 Art Museum of Estonia #5 Art Museum of Estonia #6 Art Museum of Estonia #7 Art Museum of Estonia #8 Art Museum of Estonia #9 Art Museum of Estonia #10
Punktid 50 punkti Autor soovib selle materjali allalaadimise eest saada 50 punkti.
Leheküljed ~ 10 lehte Lehekülgede arv dokumendis
Aeg2009-01-13 Kuupäev, millal dokument üles laeti
Allalaadimisi 27 laadimist Kokku alla laetud
Kommentaarid 1 arvamus Teiste kasutajate poolt lisatud kommentaarid
Autor maarius Õppematerjali autor
inglise keelne tekst niguliste, kadrioru ja kumu muuseumidest

Sarnased õppematerjalid

thumbnail
10
doc

Tallinn

Tallinn English College English Sergo Vainumäe 9A TALLINN Report Supervisor: Inge Välja Tallinn 2006 Order of contents: 1.Introduction 2.Toompea 3.Lower Town 4.Kadriorg and Pirita 5.Museums 1. Introduction Tallinn, the capital of Estonia, lies on the Baltic Sea. It is on almost the same latitude east St. Petersburg in Russia, Stockholm in Sweden and Stavanger in Norway, and covers 158 sq km. Tallinn was first marked on a map of the world by the Arab geographer al-Idrisi in 1154, its name then being Kolyvan (probably derived from the name Kalev). In the 13th-century Chronicle of Henricus de Lettis the town was called Lyndanise. Later came Reval (presumably after the old county

inglise teaduskeel
thumbnail
8
docx

Giidindus Final Test kordamine

the wife of Kalev and mother of Kalevipoeg Koluvan - mentioned in Russian chronicles; derives from the hero Kalev from our national epic Reval - comes from the German words “REH” and “FALL”, meaning the falling of the deer; could be deers trying to escape from the Danes, running down the Toompea hill Tallinn - the word origins from estonian language, could mean “taani-linn”, “tali-linn” or “talu- linn”; Reval was replaced when Estonia became independent Symbols Flag - blue black white tricolor; blue represents sky, black the soil, and white our freedom. Danneborg - red flag with a white cross fell from the sky during the battle in 1219. It is also set into the small coat of arms of Tallinn. Great coat of arms - three lions, a knight, and Danish queen; leaves around Old Thomas - quardian of Tallinn, put on top of the spire of Tallinn Town Hall in 1530;

Giidindus
thumbnail
16
pptx

TALLINN

TALLINN History Tallinn is one of the oldest cities in the Baltic Sea region. Tallinn was first mentioned in written sources of the 1154th, when the Arabian geographer Al Idris took a world map the city 'Kaleveny "/ Kolõvan. Through the years, the city of Tallinn had several names: Lindanisa, Kolõvan, Reval and eventually Tallinn. Tallinn was granted the Lübeck law in 1248 and became the member of the Hanseatic League in 1285. General Data l Country - Estonia l County - Harju County l First appeared on map - 1154 l Town rights - 1248 l Mayor - Edgar Savisaar l Aera - Total 159.2 km2 (61.5 sq mi) l Population - (1 Mar 2012) Total - 416,470 Denisty - 2,614.0/km2(6,766.6/sq mi) Tallinn Coat of arms Flag Top 5 Attractions 1. Kiek in de Kök Visitors to the museum will see examples of Medieval firepower, displays detailing how the city's system of walls and towers developed

Inglise keel
thumbnail
7
doc

Tallinn-topic

Introduction Tallinn, the capital city of the Republic of Estonia and of the Harju county, is a town in North Estonia on the coast of the Gulf of Finland. It has nearly half a million inhabitants and covers an area of almost 160 sqkm. It is also an important economic and cultural centre and one of the main ports in the Baltic States. Tallinn is one of the oldest cities on the Baltic Sea. It is unique for its well-preserved architecture from the 13-15 centuries. In contrast to the ancient town-walls and towers, Tallinn of today offers modern hotels, restaurants, sport and cultural centres

Inglise keel
thumbnail
16
pptx

The shights of Estonia

The shights of Estonia Brigita Maria Raave St. Olaf’s Church St. Olaf’s Church in Tallinn, in Estonia is believed to have been build in the 12th century. St. Olaf’s Church is located in Lai Street. St. Olaf’s Church is the city’s biggest medieval structure, took its name from the sainted Norwegian king Olaf Haraldsson. St Olaf Church was part of the united western tradition of Christianity, whose polity continues in the Roman Catholic church today. However, from the Reformation the church has been part of the Lutheran tradition. In 1950 St. Olaf’s Church became a Baptist church

Inglise keel
thumbnail
17
odt

The Most Important Buildings in Lai Street in Tallinn

The premises came into the possession of the Puppet Theatre in 1955. In 1991, the whole building was given to the theatre. Renovation works took place in 2001-03. 5 17 Lai Street Lai 17, so-called Menshikov House was completed about 1685 in the Dutch Baroque style. The family coat-of-arms on the pediment was added in 1817 by then owner Count Stenbock (Sweden origin Russian brigade leader and estate owner). It belonged to Prince Alexander Menshikov, the governor- general of Estonia in 1710-19. He was born in the family of a groom at the Russian Royal court, and at the age of 13 became a personal servant and later a close assistant to Czar Peter I. After Peter's death he helped the czar's widow, Catherine I, to the throne and became the actual ruler of Russia for a couple of years until he was defeated in the power struggle and banished into exile. 23 Lai Street The buildings at Lai 19-23 belong to the City Theatre. It has a couple of small halls as well as

Inglise keel
thumbnail
1
doc

Tallinn

Church of the Holy Ghost is the only sacred building from the 14th century in Tallinn that has preserved its original form. The simple, humble Church of Holy Ghost was completed in the 1360's, but for the exception of the baroque spire, it has retained its original medieval exterior. Tallinn City Museum's exhibition covers the history of the city from the 13th century to the 1990's. Located in the home of a medieval merchant in the heart of the Old Town, the City Museum introduces Tallinn with a completely new, attractive permanent exhibition, which is called "The City Which will Never be Completed". Kadriorg Palace ­ The Kadriorg Art Museum Peter I began building the palace in 1718, and it was called Ekaterinenthal, or Catherinenthal, in honour of Catherine I. It is said that the tsar himself laid the first foundation stones for the palace. Tallinn Song Festival Grounds this sprawling event venue in Kadriorg has a

Inglise keel
thumbnail
12
ppt

Tallinn

In winter, by the tradition which has remained since 1441, Hall square is the area decorated by a huge Christmas tree. Town Hall Square for centuries been used as a market and fairs square and also served as a gathering place for people. The Kumu Art Museum is a modern multifunctional art building, which contains exhibition halls, a lecture hall offering diverse facilities, and an educational centre for young visitors and for art lovers. Construction started in 2002. The Kumu Art Museum was opened to the visitors in February 2006. Mermaid monument is made in 1893 year, by arcitecture Amadus Adamson. It was built in memory of wrecked ship. Y oung couples often celebrate their weddings there. St. Olaf's church St. Olaf's church is believed to have been built in the 12th century and to have been the centre for old Tallinn's Scandinavian community prior to the conquest of Tallinn by Denmark in 1219. A legend tells that the builder of the

Inglise keel




Meedia

Kommentaarid (1)

mafaka profiilipilt
mafaka: Hea
17:36 12-05-2009



Sellel veebilehel kasutatakse küpsiseid. Kasutamist jätkates nõustute küpsiste ja veebilehe üldtingimustega Nõustun