· Charles Spencer Chaplin was born in
London on 26 April 1889.
· Chaplin's childhood was fraught with
poverty and hardship. Because of this
poverty, Chaplin was sent to a workhouse
at seven years old.
· He was briefly reunited with his mother at
age of nine, before Hannah was forced to
readmit her family to the workhouse in
· In September 1898, Hannah Chaplin was
committed to Cane Hill mental hospital. So
Charlie and his brother had to live with
their father who soon passed away.
· For a while Charlie's mom was in good
health but in 1903 she became ill again
and was readmitted.Charlie was 14 years
old at that time.
· His mother was released eight months
later but in 1905 her madness returned,
this time permanently and she remained in
care until her death in 1928.
· Chaplin's first stage
appearance came when
he was 5 years old.
· At the age of nine Chaplin
72% sisust ei kuvatud. Kogu dokumendi sisu näed kui laed faili alla